Every athlete is unique. We assess how well you move and function to best design your program to enhance performance and reduce your potential for injury.
The VASTA Difference means our Sports Performance Coaches have the expertise and experience to help you value the WHYS and HOWS of a proper training program not just the WHAT.
Your programs is designed specifically to meet your needs, goals, and sport. We focus on individualized coaching in a small team environment.
Our programs develop the complete athlete. Your program will develop and enhance all aspects of athletic performance – flexibility, mobility, speed, agility, power, strength, and endurance.
We understand the unique needs of each sport and design each program with your specific sport in mind. This means we want to offset the repetitive actions and motions of the sport while making your durable enough to compete at the highest level.
Programs that enhance performance but lead to injury aren’t helpful. Our programs enhance your performance and make you bulletproof.
READY TO EXPERIENCE THE #VASTALETE DIFFERENCE AND BECOME A BETTER ATHLETE?
Our sports performance programs start off with an biomechanical, movement and athletic skill assessments. These provide us with the baseline information we need to design the perfect customized program based on your goals, needs, sport, and current ability. We focus on complete athletic development combining mobility, speed, agility, strength, power, and endurance into one complete program, with emphasis on enhancing current abilities while eliminating vulnerabilities. Sports require repetitive motions those repetitive motions lead to injury our programs aim to restore proper alignment and movement ability, and to offset those repetitive patterns to lead to injury and place you on the sideline.
We believe that what makes an athlete ELITE is how effortless they seem to make difficult tasks look. We believe that the focus of an athlete’s program should be on making them feel like they have the ability to move EFFORTLESSLY.
We believe in focusing on a foundation for general athletic performance before developing sport specificity into any program. Repetitive sport motions create imbalance, imbalance leads to injury, and injury leads to missed opportunity. By focusing on complete athletic development, you are assuring that you address all your weaknesses or vulnerabilities and maximize your strengths. This is especially important for athletes that play at a high level and play multiple sports, each with unique needs.
Each custom program is based upon the same strategies and principles that we use for our professional athletes and have been scientifically proven to enhance performance and prevent injuries. We simply modify the intensity, load, demand and volume to make the program age and ability appropriate.
You can schedule your training sessions at time slots convenient to you. We have several options available throughout the day, but they do fill up fast. You’ll perform your program in a specially designed athletic facility complete with indoor turf and all of the training equipment you’ll need to meet your athletic demands. You’ll be surrounded by other accomplished athletes and those reaching for new levels. This makes our environment fun and dynamic, while still allowing us to offer you plenty of individualized attention. We’ll advance your program continually throughout your training to assure you continue to make progress and maximize performance.
ALL OF OUR PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Sport Specific Training – Programs based on the unique needs of your specific sport.
- Total Body Strength – Total body strength training that integrates the upper body, lower body, and core into a program that focuses on enhancing functional movements like squatting, hinging, lunging, pushing, and pulling.
- Explosive Power – Development of vertical, linear, lateral, and rotational explosiveness through the use of plyometrics, jump training, medicine balls, kettlebells, and olympic style lifting.
- Speed and Agility – Training to develop linear speed, lateral speed, change of direction, landing technique, acceleration, and deceleration through speed technique drills and running mechanics instruction.
- Core Stability – Integration of core stability, strength, and power to maximize movement efficiency and power transfer.
- Mobility and Flexibility – Development of proper total body mobility through self-myofascial release, foam rolling, stretching, and dynamic movement prep.
- Endurance – Sport-specific conditioning to enhance quick sprints, long runs, and total game endurance.
- Injury Prevention – Focus on correcting specific imbalances, enhancing mobility issues, arm care, jumping and landing training.
NOT YET IN HIGH SCHOOL?
Set the Foundation for Long-term Athletic Development with our Youth Sports Performance Programs
Our acclaimed youth group sports performance programs are offered for our younger “pre-high school” aged athletes, as young as 3rd grade. We focus on complete athletic development combining mobility, agility, strength, power, and endurance into one complete program, with the emphasis at this age on what we call the “ABC’s of movement” – Agility, Balance, and Coordination.
Our programs are designed to help our younger athletes learn the basics of movement skills and to set the stage for long term athletic development. By working on these fundamental athletic skills at this age, the young athlete will be better prepared to enhance their athletic ability. These programs are popular with both athletes and parents.