Khalil Batah, BS, CSCS – NASM CPT, CES, PES, CNC
Khalil began playing team sports from a young age such as soccer and basketball and then transitioned to individual sports such as track and field and cross-country running later on. He invariably found a particular affinity with Eastern martial arts and self-defense. As a child, he had a total fascination with Bruce Lee, his way of living, his training, and his philosophy on life. This led Khalil to begin learning martial arts during his time at the University of Colorado at Boulder. After graduating in 2016 he decided to explore his passion further by moving to Hong Kong in 2017 to immerse himself in his study of Chinese Kung Fu and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. It was on this journey that he realized that fitness and self-discovery are an integral part of the human experience. He decided to leave his former profession as an English teacher and begin teaching exercise instead.
Khalil believes that exercise is a threshold for increasing resilience, happiness and strengthening of the mind. Khalil seeks to witness the moment when a person safely pushes their body beyond what they thought was possible, making their eyes light up as they realize that strength and movement are skills that can be learned, developed, and applied throughout all other areas of life.
Khalil has visited 18 foreign countries and has lived abroad in Italy and Hong Kong. In his free time he enjoys: training, reading, running, hiking, kayaking, surfing, photography, the arts, mindfulness, Spartan racing and pushing the limits of the human body.
- NSCA – Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- NASM – Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- NASM – Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES)
- NASM – Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES)
- NASM – Weight Loss Specialist (WLS)
- NASM – Certified Nutrition Coach (CNC)
- NASM – Fitness Nutrition Specialization (FNS)
- USAW – Olympic Weightlifting Level 1 (USAW L1)
- TRX – TRX Suspension Trainer Certified
- Hyperice – Hypervolt Movement Enhancement
- Red Cross – CPR/AED & First Aid Certified
“Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential.” Bruce Lee